Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vtwin Cafe, hiding a radiator. I never.

This is the first time Ive built a water cooled bike. The thought of the radiator being front & center did not sit well with the owner, or myself. I found a good sized unit that would squeeze in where I wanted it, but I did have to unsolder & resolder the inlet & outlet tubes in different positions. After a little manipulating I had it in place between the 2 rear tubes & made up some mounts.

Here it is in place before fan. From the side, it is perfect.




Then added the fan.



4 comments:

Chucksspeed said...

"I found a good sized unit that would squeeze in where I wanted it..."

Are you sure you wanted to phrase a radiator placement this way?

Saint said...

Now see, most people wouldnt catch that, but you Chuch, are sharp as a tack. Hope your trip is going well.

Chris Saddler Sam (simpleman.g said...

lets hope it's gonna work ok...
NO MELTED CILINDERS!

:))

and now...  next step... HIDE THAT FAN!
(u have to make a small alu box...my guess!)

;)

valfrid said...

People would not see the Chuch as the direction, but I hope that, in the path.Stelrad softline radiators