Saturday, September 8, 2012

BSA 441 Board Tracker, assembly 2.0

Any old hardware or parts that get reused I clean to metal best possible then do a light coat of clear to keep them looking good as long as possible.


I needed to make and axle nut. Its a reverse British Thread and the old 441 front end had a thread leg on the fork tube. So me being me, wacked off the lower tip of shock leg and whittled it into a wingnut spinner type deal. Now you can just wack it with a brass hammer like an old british cars wheel to tighten. The Honda dream front end it is going on now also clamps the axle on both sides, so this is redundant really.


Shock and rockers in place.


Holy Moly, it finally has 2 wheels again. Somewhere in the Keys a cook just fainted.

This thing will be fun to ride over stuff.

I made the grips from some nice weathered horse bridle straps, Im kinda proud of this.

The clutch and brake cable run from lever into the sides of the sheet metal fork. Im redoing the compression release lever that still needs mounted.

 I had to make another brake stay, version 1.0 interfered with the fork leg.And there the finished smoothed axle nut. 

I trimmed the seat leather, Ill rub it and oil it a bit and maybe toast in in the oven a hair to bring its look around to the hand grips.Ive stained and oiled leather before and stuck it in the toaster oven and watched it til it get warm and will discolor a hair on the edges n stuff. I have also totally destroyed a couple things like this.....

 Next the throttle needs the tube extended so it has a nice long grip area like the left side, a fat leather battery hold down, so mounts, oil can, and some wiring and firing.

No comments: